VagiQUICK is a qualitative rapid diagnostic test designed to detect Candida antigens in a sample of vaginal secretions with 91.3% accuracy. With the help of VagiQUICK women can quickly and easily find out if they have a vaginal fungal infection. Antigen-test method (immunoassay) is used. The test results can be read through the appearance of the line in the test box.
“Vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) is an insidious infection that affects a large proportion of women of all ages, and 5 to 8% of infected women experience recurrent VVC (RVVC).” (Zhou et al., 2009). http://iai.asm.org/content/77/9/4130.full Symptoms of pruritus vulvae are vulvar pain, vaginal discharge, acute itching, rash on the outer lips of the vagina, genital burning that increases with urination. An unpleasant-smelling or purulent discharge indicates a bacterial infection; dyspareunia (superficial); dysuria (external).
Packing : the package contains all the necessary elements needed for the test: test cartridge, bag with desiccant, swab and detailed instructions for use. The test results can be read after 5-10 minutes.
Step-by-step guide for self-testing:
- Remove the device from the sealed pouch and place it on a flat horizontal surface.
- Hold the device firmly with one hand. With the other hand, carefully remove the aluminum cover of the purple cup. Be careful! The purple cup contains liquid.
- Remove the swab from the cover.
- Insert the swab 2 cm into the vagina and rotate it for 20 seconds. Pull out the swab carefully!
- Rotate the swab into the liquid in the violet cup for 20 seconds.
- Pull out the swab carefully, pressing it against the inner wall of the violet cup. Discard the swab.
- Hold the device firmly with one hand. Turn the violet cup counterclockwise until it stops and then turn it again to the starting point.
- Repeat step number 7 two more times. In their final position, the indentations of the violet cup and the white base must be aligned.
- Read the results after 10 minutes. A blue line should appear on the control (C) mark. In case of positive results, an additional blue line of the test (T) mark should appear. In case of a negative or unclear result, read again after 10 minutes. Do not read the results after a period longer than 20 minutes as otherwise false positive results may be shown.